How To Bond With Your Interviewer
It is important to develop a good rapport with your interviewer. Simply, interviewers hire people they like. Without establishing a good rapport, you risk not making an important connection that could land you a job. When it comes to your job search, you must pull out all the stops to make the right relational connections. Remember, recruiters and managers are humans, so you want to make them feel drawn to you and remember you among the pack of candidates. Here are some helpful tips to help make your job search easier:
- Always make a positive and memorable first impression.
- Dress for success.
- Be conscious of your body language and the message it sends.
- Leverage your social connections.
- Be prepared and ask the right questions.
- Involve your social circle.
- Be authentic and transparent.
- Make a professional and appropriately personal connection with your interviewer.
Truthfully, interviewers would ideally like to hire the first person they interview. Why? It makes their job a lot easier. However, they cannot do that for obvious reasons. Therefore, it is important that you send the right message and make the right connection in your interview to land the job immediately. Most interviewers will stop interviewing if they make the right connection with the right candidate early in the interview process. If you can relate emotionally to your interviewer and develop a real connection, you have a much greater chance of being hired. Best of luck to you!
For more tips or for help with working on your interview skills and techniques, contact us for your FREE CONSULTATION.