How To Follow Up After Interviews
Your job interview is over. What’s next? You have probably replaced the pre-interview jitters with post-interview angst of worrying about whether you will get the job. Instead of stressing out about things that are beyond your control at this point, you can be proactive by doing the following:
• Find out the hiring decision timeframe before leaving the interview.
• Remain optimistic and enthusiastic.
• Send a brief and professional thank you email reconfirming your interest within 24 hours of your interview.
• Do not annoy the recruiter or hiring manager with excessive phone calls and emails.
• Tactfully follow up when you haven’t heard back in a reasonable amount of time.
• Keep searching and interviewing for other jobs while you await the interview results.
• Know when it is time to move on if you have not heard back from an employer.
APEX Career Services can help you improve your interview skills. Get help today at www.ApexCareerServices.com/Services or 913-815-1565.