Interview Tips for College Students
Finding a job or an internship can be challenging when you are in college, especially when you are balancing classes, schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and your social life.
It can be tricky even finding time to schedule interviews. Once you have secured an interview, it’s important to make the best of it. Here are some tips for interviewing while still in college.
◦ Plan ahead when you schedule your interview
◦ Make sure you have the interviewer’s contact information on hand
◦ Dress appropriately for your interview, even if it means planning ahead
◦ Bring a copy of your resume and cover letter to the interview
◦ Remember to be polite, professional, and attentive
◦ Email a thank you note after the interview
Still not feeling comfortable about interviewing? Wish you had a career coach to guide you on how to interview, how to dress for success, and how to negotiate your salary? The APEX Career Services professionals can help. Please visit us today at www.ApexCareerServices.com and contact us to schedule a free consultation.