Job Search Strategies
We are almost one year into the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Coronavirus has significantly impacted and transformed our world. We spent most of 2020 adjusting to the “new norm,” and many of us had hoped to get back to a sense of normalcy of previous years. Well, here we are, and all we can do is adjust and stay positive. Now that we are in a new year, many job seekers are still recovering from pandemic-related layoffs, terminations, pay reductions, working from home, and dealing with children who are learning remotely. Regardless of what life throws you, you must move forward with your job search. Here are some steps you can take to secure a job in 2021:
• Update your resume with all relevant technical skills you have learned since the pandemic started.
• Update your LinkedIn profile and add relevant skills that make you marketable for virtual work.
• Download the free version of Zoom and practice using it, so you are prepared for virtual interviews.
• Prepare a room or dedicated space in your home should you land a remote job.
• Stay positive and apply for as many jobs as possible.
• Make yourself available for interviews as soon as possible.
Are you frustrated with your job search? Are you in need of a career coach and resume writer to help you land a great job? APEX Career Services can help! Our Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) and Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) can help you every step of the way? Please contact us today to get started at https://www.apexcareerservices.com/services.